PoE support

David Retana

May 28, 2013, 10:45:55 AM5/28/13
to pico-S...@googlegroups.com
Hi there!

Does the picosam provide power over ethernet to another device such as a router?

thanks

ddbh...@gmail.com

Sep 22, 2014, 8:35:18 PM9/22/14
to pico-S...@googlegroups.com
The pico-sam will not power another device or get power for itself over ethernet, it just not designed that way.  I have a tiny inline PoE converter I found that outputs 5V at 2 Amps or 12V at 1A  but it uses a standard barrel power connector (like you find on laptops)   I see they recommend a 12V 2A in the literature, but mine will boot fine via the 5V USB port, and they are limited to .5A.  That is the 'bare board' so if you add LCD, etc you will need a bigger one.