How to install android apk file in Pico-SAM9G45 GingerBread OS?How to connect Pico-SAM9G45 GingerBread to Eclipse Debugger using USB?

Prachi

Aug 29, 2013, 6:21:55 AM8/29/13
to pico-S...@googlegroups.com
I am trying to develop an application for  Pico-SAM9G45 GingerBread OS in Eclipse.
But I have some queries regarding installing  android apk file in SAM board.

There is no File Manager in menu list. I tried to download it, but there is no play store application.
I tried to connect SAM board with Eclipse debugger using USB connection cable.
But PC is unable to detect device.
Is there any drivers required for this.

Can anybody please tell me the following :-
1) How to install android apk file in Pico-SAM9G45 GingerBread OS?
2) How to connect  Pico-SAM9G45 GingerBread to Eclipse Debugger using USB?

Thanks in advance
Prachi

Daniel Palmer

Aug 29, 2013, 8:36:18 AM8/29/13
to pico-S...@googlegroups.com
I don't use Android on the Pico so I can't tell you why USB debugging doesn't work.. but you can use debugging over network if you can't get it working;

on the picosam serial console> start adbd
on your desktop> adb connect IPADDRESS:5555

Iulian Luca

Aug 30, 2013, 5:31:49 AM8/30/13
to pico-S...@googlegroups.com
Can anybody please tell me the following :-
1) How to install android apk file in Pico-SAM9G45 GingerBread OS?
- First option is to use ADB Interface: http://arm.mini-box.com/index.php?title=Template:ADB-over-usb
Once you set it up and you're connected to picoSAM board, you can use adb command to install apk android applications:
adb install /path/to/your/app.apk
- Second option is to put the application apk somewhere on the internet (ex: Dropbox) or send it you yourself by email attachment and use the Android browser to locate it by internet address, download it and then install it from the board itself. Make sure that you check the Unknown sources option from Settings - Security

Thanks.