GPS

Laurent d'Havé

Jul 1, 2013, 3:22:52 PM7/1/13
to pico-S...@googlegroups.com
Hello

What are the solutions to add GPS on the pico ?

I was thinking an RS232 gps , but am having an incredibly hard time finding one ...

Has anybody built anything with a GPS ?

Thank you

Daniel Palmer

Jul 2, 2013, 7:53:17 AM7/2/13
to pico-S...@googlegroups.com

Laurent d'Havé

Jul 2, 2013, 10:39:24 AM7/2/13
to pico-S...@googlegroups.com
Thanks,

Would i be able to interface a device like this on the pico ?

I'm not quite familiar with SPI, GPIO, UART, etc...

Your miniPciE would be a solution, but I'd like to have a cable connection, since the gps receiver would be roughly 2 meters away from the module (to have ideal reception)

Daniel Palmer

Jul 2, 2013, 1:41:04 PM7/2/13
to pico-S...@googlegroups.com
The card I linked has UART pins on the back of the card so you could extend it out. The mini pci-e connector is only using the USB signals too so you could wire a cable onto that.
The module you linked should work too. I haven't touched GPS under Linux for a while but if the module is sending a NMEA stream then it should work fine.

Simon Lemoine

Jul 3, 2013, 2:30:48 AM7/3/13
to pico-S...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

You could also used a USB mouse GPS like the BU-353. I have tried it and it works well.