Can one still buy this SBC?

Christopher Longbottom

Dec 31, 2015, 12:47:50 PM12/31/15
to pico-SAM9G45 Mini-Box.com ARM embedded system board
Seems to have gone quiet in 2015.

Are people now using other boards? Is there plans to make this board available again?

I can't find many boards which fit the following criteria;
  1. Extended temperature (at least -10C)
  2. MiniPCI-E with Sim slot
  3. Super-low power consumption (i.e. <1W)
  4. USB
  5. Spare USARTS for RS232 (ideally at RS232 levels but can be converted)
I'm migrating from Beaglebone.

Any ideas?

TiberiumFusion

Jan 1, 2016, 1:25:20 AM1/1/16
to pico-SAM9G45 Mini-Box.com ARM embedded system board
I was able to purchase one of these sometime in late 2013 if I remember correctly. The website did not say out of stock, but I was notified by email that they had no more inventory. Then a day later I got a second email saying that they had found one and would fill my order. Have you tried contacting the company? Perhaps there are more still to be "found". And this is quite the versatile and powerful board indeed, it's a shame there are no more recent versions of it out there.

Christopher Longbottom

Jan 1, 2016, 6:41:51 AM1/1/16
to pico-SAM9G45 Mini-Box.com ARM embedded system board
Thanks- did you buy it from mini-box.com? Even 2013 feels a long time ago now.

I wonder why they discontinued the product? I don't see Raspberry Pi, Beaglebone etc. to be suitable replacements as they all have relatively large power consumption, no battery backed RTC and aren't rated to operate below freezing.

TiberiumFusion

Jan 2, 2016, 12:05:34 AM1/2/16
to pico-SAM9G45 Mini-Box.com ARM embedded system board

Daniel Palmer

Jan 2, 2016, 1:40:38 AM1/2/16
to pico-S...@googlegroups.com
> MiniPCI-E with Sim slot

Note that the pci-e slot only has USB signals (which is enough for
most 3g etc modules apparently),

Other than that: There are people selling SBCs based on the same SoC
as this board.