socket.h and static MAC address

Frederic B. Desy

Nov 24, 2013, 10:14:37 AM11/24/13
to pico-S...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have 2 questions related to network development with the picoARM:

1- I notice that the file sys/socket.h is not part of the toolchain to compile for this platform (I followed the steps described here: http://arm.mini-box.com/index.php?title=Installing_Toolchain). Do you know where I could get it? Can I just use one from any gcc compiler?

2- I read in another post that it is possible to set a static MAC address on the board, but where could it be set?

Thanks a lot for your help

Frederic.

Frederic B. Desy

Nov 24, 2013, 9:16:40 PM11/24/13
to pico-S...@googlegroups.com
I found the answer to my question #2. For reference, I just needed to add the line:

hwaddress ether AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF

to /etc/network/interfaces.

Any hints for #1?

Thanks