Android ICS for 4" screen

Jason Freeman

Jan 7, 2013, 10:54:24 AM1/7/13
to pico-S...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I am wanting to run ICS on a 4" screen. I would also like to attempt to get touch screen calibration working. If somebody could please give me a rundown of what I need to do to get this working, and assist with some technical support through the process, I am happy do do the legwork and submit the image once done.

Thanks
Message has been deleted

pico-fan

Feb 21, 2013, 3:49:50 PM2/21/13
to pico-S...@googlegroups.com
Any update on this topic?

Thanks!

Nicu Pavel

Feb 22, 2013, 4:34:40 AM2/22/13
to pico-S...@googlegroups.com

Hi

I am wanting to run ICS on a 4" screen. I would also like to attempt to get touch screen calibration working. If somebody could please give me a rundown of what I need to do to get this working, and assist with some technical support through the process, I am happy do do the legwork and submit the image once done.

3. Mount the sdcard and replace the uImage from the FAT16 partition with your kernel from step 1
4. If you are using resistive touchscreen connected to picoSAM9 copy: http://arm.mini-box.com/releases/Calibrate.apk to /system/app in the sdcard ext3 partition

You can also have usb keyboard/mouse on ics if you need to troubleshot

Regards,
Nicu Pavel

Thanks

pico-fan

Feb 25, 2013, 9:05:36 AM2/25/13
to pico-S...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the fast reply Nicu,

I did everything with respect to your instructions.
The only issue left is the impossibility to find the exact parameters for my display p/n: MI0500LT, Multi-Inno Technologies Co LTD.
The display is 4.3 inch and has resolution 480x272

Seems like all the issues with the touch screen calibration comes from this issue.
The Calibrate.apk does not appear in the apps after boot up the OS so I cannot use it.

If you have any Idea how to solve it, please let me know.

Regards and Thanks once again!

pico_user

Mar 6, 2013, 8:04:57 AM3/6/13
to pico-S...@googlegroups.com
Hello pico-fan,

Is there an option to share the final image of Android ICS for 4.3'' display ?

Thanks and best regards !!!

Nicu Pavel

Mar 6, 2013, 8:11:31 AM3/6/13
to pico-S...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 3:04 PM, pico_user <atana...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello pico-fan,

Is there an option to share the final image of Android ICS for 4.3'' display ?

You can just replace the kernel with one from Android Gingerbread after you write the ICS image.

Nicu

Thanks and best regards !!!

pico_user

Mar 6, 2013, 8:15:26 AM3/6/13
to pico-S...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the fast replay ,Nicu !

Unfortunately I`m not quite familiar about how to “replace the kernel with one from Android Gingerbread”.

It will be great if you can give me some advice here .

Thanks again !

Nicu Pavel

Mar 6, 2013, 11:13:35 AM3/6/13
to pico-S...@googlegroups.com
Write the ICS image on a microSD. Replug the microSD on the card reader and mount the first partition which is FAT16. Replace the uImage with the one from here: http://arm.mini-box.com/releases/kernel_bootstrap/latest/uImage

Nicu

Thanks again !

pico_user

Mar 7, 2013, 11:02:44 AM3/7/13
to pico-S...@googlegroups.com
Hello Nicu,

I`ve followed your instruction and now I have Android ICS. Thanks !

Now I have the following problem - there is a circle (which act like mouse pointer) and it is very difficult for me to navigate/slide up down etc. Is there any option to disable this circle and to navigate like Android 2.3.4 for example ?

pico-fan

Mar 7, 2013, 11:12:36 AM3/7/13
to pico-S...@googlegroups.com
i am working on this issue. Will share the fix soon.

Regards

karthik b s

Jul 15, 2013, 7:02:55 AM7/15/13
to pico-S...@googlegroups.com
i am also facing the same problem but i am not getting anything else other than that circle i am getting only clock and it is displaying connect your charger

karthik b s

Jul 17, 2013, 2:11:25 AM7/17/13
to pico-S...@googlegroups.com
if u have a image of any android os working on picosam9g45 with 7inch screen please share with me