DITA output format may be dropped in the future

Dirk Rombauts

Jul 1, 2014, 10:51:04 AM7/1/14
to pickl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I recently invited pickles users to fill out a few questions (http://3348403.polldaddy.com/s/pickles). One of the results of the poll is that nobody seems to be using the DITA format. It's been a long time since the DITA format has been touched, so it doesn't feature many of the cool new things like displaying the test results. It would be a significant effort to bring the DITA format up to the same level as the other formats, and since nobody seems to be using it that would be effort better spent elsewhere.

Before I go and remove the DITA-related code, I wanted to ask on the mailing list: is anybody using the DITA format? Please reply if you do! If I don't hear anything within the next two weeks (by 14 July 2014) I will consider removing the DITA format alltogether.

Dirk