Powershell Pickles

amas...@jadeworld.com

Apr 30, 2014, 7:33:14 PM4/30/14
to pickl...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to run pickles from the powershell.

I get:
pickle-features : Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more
information.
At line:1 char:1
+ pickle-features
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Pickle-Features], ReflectionTypeLoadException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException,PicklesDoc.Pickles.PowerShell.Pickle_Featu
   res

Am I missing something obvious here?

Cheers,
Andy

Dirk Rombauts

May 4, 2014, 4:59:03 AM5/4/14
to pickl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I would like to apologise for not replying earlier. The first of May is a holiday in many European countries and people tend to take a long weekend. But truth to tell, I was hoping that one of my more powershell-savy colleagues would answer your query. Since they didn't, it falls to me to try to help you out.

I don't have a Windows PC at home though, so there's little I can do right now. I will be back in the office with my Windows notebook tomorrow, and I'll give it a shot then. The first order of business will be to reproduce your problem. If that succeeds, it's usually a small step to solving the problem.

Thanks for you patience!

Dirk

Dirk Rombauts

May 5, 2014, 9:00:15 AM5/5/14
to pickl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I had a look into this, and I'm getting the same error as you. I will investigate this further and try to fix the problem.

In the meantime: there are other ways of using pickles apart from the powershell script. There are fully functional console and GUI apps available as well. Maybe one of those will suffice for you until the problem with the powershell version can be fixed.

Dirk

Andrew Masters

May 5, 2014, 7:37:35 PM5/5/14
to pickl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks - I've switched to console.exe for now.

I've also extended my local pickles dhtml to include systemundertest and version in the dhtml version in the header by adding pickledHeaders.js:

setProjectInfo ({
  "SystemUnderTest": "My project name",
  "Version": "1.0.1"
});

The test results were also being suprressed in dhtml view due to 'inconclusive' being commented out.

Dirk Rombauts

May 30, 2014, 5:50:57 AM5/30/14
to pickl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Another pickles user encountered a very similar problem, and I just pushed a new version of Pickles that should fix it. Could you please try out whether the problem you encountered is now solved as well? Thanks!

Dirk