Got problem with my EXPLORER 16

Cheng Chia Loon

Sep 13, 2009, 5:55:23 AM9/13/09
to pickit-devel
Hi Xiao Fan,

I am Chia Loon, a student from malaysia. I just a beginner with PIC24/
dsPIC33 EXPLORER development board.
No i got problem to connect my EXPLORER 16 with PC, i don't know why
when i connect my PC to the EXPLORER 16, i can't detect by the PICKit2
firmware that provided in microchip forum, do you know how to solve
this problem?

Thank you

Regards,
Chia Loon

Xiaofan Chen

Sep 13, 2009, 9:04:41 PM9/13/09
to pickit...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 5:55 PM, Cheng Chia Loon <loo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am Chia Loon, a student from malaysia. I just a beginner with PIC24/
> dsPIC33 EXPLORER development board.
> No i got problem to connect my EXPLORER 16 with PC, i don't know why
> when i connect my PC to the EXPLORER 16, i can't detect by the PICKit2
> firmware that provided in microchip forum, do you know how to solve
> this problem?

What exactly is the problem? Is the on board PIC18LF4550 based
"PICKit 2 Lite" being recognized by the PC as a USB HID device?
If not, then you do not program the firmware correctly. What is the
programmer you use to program the PIC18LF4550 on board the
Explorer 16?

BTW, this may not be the correct place to ask this problem.
You should ask in the Microchip forum thread.
http://www.microchip.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=338210

--
Xiaofan http://mcuee.blogspot.com

cheng chia loon

Sep 14, 2009, 8:29:48 AM9/14/09
to pickit...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your reply. i try to use the PICKit 2 to program the PIC18LF4550, but did not know the way to program it is correct or not.

How to determine?

Xiaofan Chen

Sep 14, 2009, 9:30:54 AM9/14/09
to pickit...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 8:29 PM, cheng chia loon <loo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your reply. i try to use the PICKit 2 to program the PIC18LF4550,
> but did not know the way to program it is correct or not.
>
> How to determine?

If it is not recognized by the PC, most likely it is not programmed correctly.
Again, it is better that you read the Microchip thread carefully and try again.

--
Xiaofan http://mcuee.blogspot.com

cheng chia loon

Sep 14, 2009, 9:49:23 PM9/14/09
to pickit...@googlegroups.com
thank you, i will try it first. may i know are you working in singapore?

Xiaofan Chen

Sep 14, 2009, 10:48:45 PM9/14/09
to pickit...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 9:49 AM, cheng chia loon <loo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> thank you, i will try it first. may i know are you working in singapore?

Yes I am.

Please read the about page of this list.

*********************************
http://groups.google.com/group/pickit-devel/about

Discussion of open-source development for Microchip's PICKit series
of programmers. This list is NOT for general discussion of PIC
development. For that, see http://piclist.com. This list is NOT for
support of Microchips' software. For that, their forums are a good
place to start.
*********************************

So in the future, please post the questions to the Microchip forum.
Thanks.

--
Xiaofan http://mcuee.blogspot.com

cheng chia loon

Sep 15, 2009, 2:18:37 AM9/15/09
to pickit...@googlegroups.com
do you think the dsPIC can be replacement for the PLC application?

Xiaofan Chen

Sep 22, 2009, 1:09:20 AM9/22/09
to pickit...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 9:30 PM, Xiaofan Chen <xiao...@gmail.com> wrote:

Just an update, the OP has got it working.

--
Xiaofan http://mcuee.blogspot.com