PICKit 3

Xiaofan Chen

Nov 4, 2011, 12:52:39 AM11/4/11
to pickit...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 11:31 AM, Jeff Post <j_p...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> On Thursday 03 November 2011 18:22, Xiaofan Chen wrote:
>>
>> BTW, this list seems to be more or less dead. PICkit 2 now works
>> fine under Windows, Linux and Mac OS X with pk2cmd, or with the
>> latest MPLAB X. So probably there are no longer much interests
>> in this list, unless Microchip opens PICKit 3 codes. In that case,
>> probably there will be some more interests again.
>>
> Probably? I'd say assuredly.

Not so sure whether that will happen or not.
Microchip does release the standalone PC application for
PICkit 3.
http://www.microchip.com/forums/m554515.aspx

And there is a console program for PICkit 3 under MPLAB
installation as well.

But the above two are for Windows only and no source codes
are released.

PICkit 3 does work with MPLAB X under Windows, Linux
and Mac OS X. And

--
Xiaofan

Marcus Fazzi (Anunakin)

Nov 4, 2011, 7:08:52 AM11/4/11
to pickit...@googlegroups.com
Xiaofan, any hope on have a stand alone app, for Linux?

2011/11/4 Xiaofan Chen <xiao...@gmail.com>

--
Xiaofan

Marcus Fazzi
オープンソースコード いきかた!

blog: http://www.fazzi.eng.br
Pinguino project:

Jeff Post

Nov 4, 2011, 10:13:50 PM11/4/11
to pickit...@googlegroups.com
On Friday 04 November 2011 04:08, Marcus Fazzi (Anunakin) wrote:
> Xiaofan, any hope on have a stand alone app, for Linux?

Of course there is. I have the hardware (thanks Dan), what I don't have is the
software interface specs. (Hey, Dan, wanna collaborate on pk3cmd? [The
gauntlet has been thrown, and the crowd waits breathlessly...] )

Jeff

Dan.B...@microchip.com

Nov 5, 2011, 1:01:48 AM11/5/11
to pickit...@googlegroups.com

I think it is time I reminded* Dev Tools they promised to release the interface docs....

I would love to collaborate, it would be a great learning experience for me, but it would be at your expense (I'd slow you down until I got up to speed).

Dan

* remind in this case == a swift kick in the shins.