Pikdev V1.2.0 source code now available.

Alain Gibaud

Aug 10, 2009, 4:51:20 PM8/10/09
to pickit...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks to Rene Hogendoorn which told me how to fix the link issue,
the source tarball of pikdev is now available.
Feel free to send me remarks, but don't expect any response immediatly,
because I will not be at home during one week again ;-)

Alain

George M. Gallant, Jr.

Aug 12, 2009, 10:27:58 AM8/12/09
to pickit...@googlegroups.com
I am unable to build pikdev 1.2.0 on Fedora 11 64 bit.

./configure
.
.
.
checking for KDE... configure: error:
in the prefix, you've chosen, are no KDE libraries installed. This will
fail.
So, check this please and use another prefix!

I have installed kdelibs-devel & kdebase-devel. Is there a particular
file that
I can locate to set the --prefix directory?

George

Alain Gibaud

Aug 12, 2009, 3:40:55 PM8/12/09
to pickit...@googlegroups.com
Quoting "George M. Gallant, Jr." <ggall...@comcast.net>:

Maybe
./configure --enable-libsuffix=64

Alain

George M. Gallant, Jr.

Aug 12, 2009, 7:54:18 PM8/12/09
to pickit...@googlegroups.com
Alain & Rene,

Thanks for the quick response. the libsuffix-64 fixed the config problem.
Now it dies in the make of Lexer. It buile File.cpp which also used EOF.

Lexer.cpp: In member function ‘bool Lexer::zap(char)’:
Lexer.cpp:131: error: ‘EOF’ was not declared in this scope
Lexer.cpp: In member function ‘std::string Lexer::nextChars(int)’:
Lexer.cpp:239: error: ‘EOF’ was not declared in this scope
make: *** [Lexer.o] Error 1

George

Alain Gibaud

Aug 14, 2009, 4:57:49 AM8/14/09
to pickit...@googlegroups.com
Quoting "George M. Gallant, Jr." <ggall...@comcast.net>:
Mmm

add

#include <iostream>
using namespace std ;

at the beginning of Lexer.cpp

Alain

> Alain & Rene,
>
> Thanks for the quick response. the libsuffix-64 fixed the config problem.
> Now it dies in the make of Lexer. It buile File.cpp which also used EOF.
>
> Lexer.cpp: In member function 'bool Lexer::zap(char)':
> Lexer.cpp:131: error: 'EOF' was not declared in this scope
> Lexer.cpp: In member function 'std::string Lexer::nextChars(int)':
> Lexer.cpp:239: error: 'EOF' was not declared in this scope
> make: *** [Lexer.o] Error 1
>
> George
>
> On 08/12/2009 03:40 PM, Alain Gibaud wrote:
> > Quoting "George M. Gallant, Jr."<ggall...@comcast.net>:
> >
> > Maybe
> > ./configure --enable-libsuffix=64
> >

> > Alain
> >

> >> I am unable to build pikdev 1.2.0 on Fedora 11 64 bit.
> >>
> >> ./configure
> >> .
> >> .
> >> .
> >> checking for KDE... configure: error:
> >> in the prefix, you've chosen, are no KDE libraries installed. This will
> >> fail.
> >> So, check this please and use another prefix!
> >>
> >> I have installed kdelibs-devel& kdebase-devel. Is there a particular

George M. Gallant, Jr.

Aug 14, 2009, 10:29:33 AM8/14/09
to pickit...@googlegroups.com
Rene & Alain,

#include <iostream>    did not work
#include <cstdio>         works

I had used:

#include "KBEditor.h"

George

hogend

Aug 17, 2009, 3:52:20 AM8/17/09
to pickit-devel
George & Alain,

The issue is this:

http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.4/porting_to.html

Search for the header "Header dependency changes".
<cstdio> is no longer included automatically.

Regards

On Aug 14, 4:29 pm, "George M. Gallant, Jr." <ggallant...@comcast.net>
wrote:
> Rene & Alain,
>
> #include <iostream>    did not work
> #include <cstdio>         works
>
> I had used:
>
> #include "KBEditor.h"
>
> George
>
> On 08/14/2009 04:57 AM, Alain Gibaud wrote:
>
> > Quoting "George M. Gallant, Jr."<ggallant...@comcast.net>:
> > Mmm
>
> > add
>
> > #include<iostream>
> > using namespace std ;
>
> > at the beginning of Lexer.cpp
>
> > Alain
>
> >> Alain&  Rene,
>
> >> Thanks for the quick response. the libsuffix-64 fixed the config problem.
> >> Now it dies in the make of Lexer. It buile File.cpp which also used EOF.
>
> >> Lexer.cpp: In member function 'bool Lexer::zap(char)':
> >> Lexer.cpp:131: error: 'EOF' was not declared in this scope
> >> Lexer.cpp: In member function 'std::string Lexer::nextChars(int)':
> >> Lexer.cpp:239: error: 'EOF' was not declared in this scope
> >> make: *** [Lexer.o] Error 1
>
> >> George

George M. Gallant, Jr.

Aug 17, 2009, 11:30:11 AM8/17/09
to pickit...@googlegroups.com
I get character strings repetitively placed in the source while using
the built-in editor
with pikdev & piklab.
As the strings are part of a previous cut/copy/paste operation I am
assuming that it
is a key-stroke operation on my part. Normal editor is emacs.

1. Typical emacs key strokes: crtl-a, crtl-s, ctrl-s, [ctrl-x ctrl-s],
ctrl-k, ctrl-y.
2. Is there a option to use another edittor?

George