PICkit 2 no longer recommended for new designs?

Xiaofan Chen

Jul 17, 2009, 4:20:47 AM7/17/09
to pickit-devel

Jeff Post

Jul 17, 2009, 10:37:54 AM7/17/09
to pickit...@googlegroups.com
On Friday 17 July 2009 01:20, Xiaofan Chen wrote:
> http://www.microchip.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=435529
> http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=1406
>&dDocName=en534451

Nothing ever becomes obsolete unless you let it. I still have working TRS-80
Z80 based computers ;-)

I think PICkit2 will still be quite popular until its abilities are surpassed
by PICkit3. Open source software development will continue. Microchip hasn't
provided me a PICkit3 so I can't do tools for it. When (if?) time pressures
slack off a bit, I intend to enhance pk2 based on the methods of the pk2cmd
code. Might even make a gui for it to get my feet wet with QT.

Jeff