Suggestion for opening PStyledText

jles...@gmx.de

Dec 28, 2014, 8:14:10 PM12/28/14
to piccolo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Piccolo team
I need support for dotted underline style in a text field and couldn't find an approriate way in PStyledText. But in fact it would be quite easy to add support for this in a derived class if PStyledText were a bit more open for derivation. I would appreciate if you considered to add the slight modifications for PStyledText from the attached version. It just makes some methods protected instead of private, separates a few code blocks in protected template methods, and adds getters to some of the inner classes.

Kind regards,
Jan

PStyledText.java

Michael Heuer

Dec 29, 2014, 12:27:47 PM12/29/14
to piccolo...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jan,

If you could create an issue here

https://code.google.com/p/piccolo2d/issues/list

and attach your changes as a patch (svn diff > patch.diff) I can review it and get it merged.

Thank you,

   michael

jles...@gmx.de

Dec 29, 2014, 1:40:49 PM12/29/14
to piccolo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michael
OK, I will try. By the way, I found a little bug in PStyledText too. I will add an issue for this as well.

Regards,
Jan

jles...@gmx.de

Dec 29, 2014, 2:41:37 PM12/29/14
to piccolo...@googlegroups.com
OK, I made it. Please have a look at

    https://code.google.com/p/piccolo2d/issues/detail?id=261

for more openess of PStyledText for derivation and

    https://code.google.com/p/piccolo2d/issues/detail?id=260

For the bug and an attached fix for the problem of missplaced uderlines

Regards,
Jan