Search for Folder Containing A Word

Christopher Stack

Aug 26, 2021, 7:28:50 PM8/26/21
to PicApport
Hello,

Is there a way to search for all photos whose directory contains a phrase? For example, I store my photos like 2019\01_January\2019_01_23_Event\best_of_2019_01_23_Event\. I want to make a slideshow using something like best_of and have that find all the photos in the directories that contain the word best_of.

I've tried things like best_of, best_of*, dir:\*best_of* but none of them work. Is there any way to do what I'm looking for?

Thank you,
Chris

E. Schreiner

Aug 27, 2021, 3:45:11 AM8/27/21
to PicApport
Hello Chris,

currently wildcards are not supported in the dir: and dirall: operators.

In your case it's not required: just enter best 2019  and you should get what you want.

for further explanation see:

regards Eric

Christopher Stack

Aug 28, 2021, 1:26:35 PM8/28/21
to PicApport
Thank you Eric,

Is there an issue with an underscore? You're correct, if I just type in best I think I get everything, or at least I get more than 0, but if I do best_of I get 0 results. Thank you for the help!

E. Schreiner

Aug 30, 2021, 3:39:15 AM8/30/21
to PicApport
Hi Chris,