Installing Add-ons into Picapport running as a Windows service

Darren Fitzgibbon

Feb 1, 2023, 10:53:26 AM2/1/23
to PicApport
I have followed the instructions for installing Picacpport as a windows service and eventually got it working. I have to put the application in a path with no spaces so that the service install script would install it where I wanted.
It has successfully scanned one of my large photo folders and now I want ot add some tags using the PAI auto tagger.

I have followed the Add-on Installation guide and I downloaded the lastest V3 groovy binary (3.0.14) and placed its zip in a folder called groovy under the .picapport folder, and restarted the service.
Nothing happened.

Someone else on the group seemed to suggest that it should be in the Plugins directory, I moved the groovy binary to Plugins, and restarted the service, this time the zip file was unpacked.
I then placed the PAI addon in the same folder and restarted the service again, the PAI addon was unpacked but the log says it is not a valid plugin.

I have tried again to install it as per the instructions but It won't load. What am I doing wrong?

Kind regards
Darren

Darren Fitzgibbon

Feb 21, 2023, 11:17:22 AM2/21/23
to PicApport
Fixed it with the latest headless build.