Maximum slideshow viewtime per photo

BB

Apr 24, 2021, 9:34:47 AM4/24/21
to PicApport
Hi,

The following slideshow URL sets a view time of one hour per photo. However, photos rotate every 7 seconds.
https://...myserver.../picapport#slideshow?query=-suedamerika&sort=random&autostart=true&viewtime=3600&uat=...myuat...

Since 7s is also the default viewtime, I wonder if there is a hidden maximum viewtime per photo?

Best regards
BB

BB

Apr 24, 2021, 11:53:07 AM4/24/21
to PicApport
Nevermind the typo uat=..., I fixed it to atu=... in the meantime. The original problem is still there, however.

Thanks for your input :-)

PicApport

Apr 26, 2021, 4:14:34 AM4/26/21
to PicApport
just check client.default.viewtime.millis on https://wiki.picapport.de/display/PICE/PicApport-Server+Guide

Bert Besser

Apr 28, 2021, 12:03:33 PM4/28/21
to PicApport
Thank you. I was aware of that config parameter, however, the expected behavior for the url

https://...myserver.../picapport#slideshow?query=-suedamerika&sort=random&autostart=true&viewtime=3600&atu=...myatu...

is that a new photo appears every hour. Instead, a new one appears every 7 seconds, which seems to be a bug.

Can you reproduce?

E. Schreiner

Apr 28, 2021, 12:04:54 PM4/28/21
to PicApport
..your are right. It seems that there is an Issue. I'll check and will come back you you

E. Schreiner

May 3, 2021, 10:21:23 AM5/3/21
to PicApport
I've checked: The value must be between 1 and 900 seconds (what is 15 minutes) (3600 is not supported and the default is used instead)
We've changed the documentation

Bert Besser

May 3, 2021, 10:41:49 AM5/3/21
to PicApport
Hi, thank you for coming back to me. What drove the decision to restrict the interval to 900s? Why not allow to make it arbitrarily large, i.e. one day?

I'm asking b/c my personal desire is to set 1 day, such that each photo is in my mind for an entire day (such that its memories have room to live in my head instead of pushing them out by the next photo).

Regards, BB

E. Schreiner

May 3, 2021, 10:51:15 AM5/3/21
to PicApport
The maximum value of 900 seconds has been chosen because of the WebGui-Slider Control to enter this value. This is the first time we have this type of request..... (Please also have in mind that larger values also effect session timeout management etc.... So it's not that simple as it may look.......)

Tobias Hieble

May 4, 2021, 3:30:02 AM5/4/21
to PicApport
Hi together,
Actually I´m interested in the same. I thought about setting the intervall to about six hours. It is for showing a picture on our tablet in the living room when it is not used for smart home monitoring or control purposes. Besides giving a single picture more room to be seen, I like the long interval also for avoiding that the hard drives of my server continuously spin-up just for loading a new picture.

P.S.: I just started to use PicApport a few days ago. It is really a great tool.

Best regards,
Tobias

E. Schreiner

May 4, 2021, 3:33:21 AM5/4/21
to PicApport
I'll have a look at it for the next version..... (it's not a promise ;-)