Picapport crashes again and again

Slarti Bartfass

May 10, 2021, 5:17:50 AM5/10/21
to PicApport
Sorry, cannot answer to my former message still in moderation. This is the log after I tried to restart the server:
MSG  @ 11:35:06.535 Groovy-pagpImagga-Imagga: Addon loaded. Autor: E. Schreiner (c)2020 Contecon Software GmbH
MSG  @ 11:35:06.748 Groovy-pagpImagga-ImaggaFields: Addon loaded. Autor: E. Schreiner (c)2020 Contecon Software GmbH
MSG  @ 11:35:07.675 Groovy-pagpOpenrouteGeoJSONRoute-OpenrouteGeoJSONRoute: Addon loaded. Autor: E. Schreiner (c)2020 Contecon Software GmbH
MSG  @ 11:35:07.691 Queries loaded: 0
MSG  @ 11:35:07.704 Designs loaded: 0 from /opt/picapport/.picapport/designs
MSG  @ 11:35:07.800 PicApportDBService.startDatabase:embedded:/opt/picapport/.picapport/db (/opt/picapport/.picapport/db/db_3_0_37)
ERROR@ 11:35:11.139 Exception Error PicApport.main: com.orientechnologies.orient.core.exception.OStorageException: Exception during execution of atomic operation inside of storage db_3_0_37
MSG  @ 11:35:11.141 User Management has been successfully shut down.

E. Schreiner

May 10, 2021, 5:24:26 AM5/10/21
to PicApport
it seems that the OrientDB-Database is broken. This typically happens when the Server has been powerd off without shutdown or PicApport has been crashed because of insufficient Memory.
Try to delete the .picapport/db directory and restart the server....

Slarti Bartfass

Feb 6, 2023, 12:30:56 PM2/6/23
to PicApport
Hi All

Recently I moved my home-server to a more capable used laptop (now 16 GB RAM, Core i5 4-core). I installed a fresh Ubuntu 22.04 LTS (the old one was 16.04) and a openjdk 19.0.1 headless (old: Oracle JRE xxx). Everything else is the same ;-)
and what should I tell - Picapport is like 1000x more stable. I had only 1 crash in 4 weeks but it pretty much is solid like a rock. I could feed all images through PAI and OSM and now the family is happy our ~350k of media of the past 20 years is accessible. My suspicion is that the old Ubuntu 16.04 installation has either a Kernel issue. Running the same setup on my Windows work laptop showed no instability issues at all.

Just a random example of our daily use: Recently one of the kids wanted to "show off" images of some extremely cute tiny lambs to their peers. And what would you think: we could just enter the German word for sheep ("schaf") in the search box and there were all the images right at our fingertips - so great!

Thanks a lot!

Slarti Bartfass

Feb 6, 2023, 12:30:57 PM2/6/23
to PicApport
Post scriptum: below are some of the results I get when I search for "schaf" (sheep) ;-)
Bild_2023-01-26_094852769.png