Timeline view with infinite scrolling

pascal...@gmail.com

Mar 22, 2021, 9:09:33 AM3/22/21
to PicApport
Hello

As many people, I am looking for a google photos replacement (because it is time to take our data out)
As many people, I am used to (and like) the timeline / infinite scrolling view that Apple, Google and others big ones are proposing.
As far as I see in Picapport, it is done differently and so not realy usable in the sense we could use it with the GAFA photo.
Picapport seems to do a "macro" timeline: so pictures are shown along a vertical timeline but not all pictures,  so you cannot directly browse into all your pictures. Which make it quite useless for me.
My main use of having my photo database online is to look from time to time to photo from the past.
Use case:
"Do you remember when..."
Oh wait, I will look for it. It was about summer 2009. Let's look back at that time....you scroll down directly to an approximate date and then you scroll indefinitively up or down to find what you are looking for.

Do you confirm that?

thanks

PicApport

Mar 22, 2021, 9:22:02 AM3/22/21
to PicApport
Hi Pascal.

just have a look at:  Find photos with PicApport on https://wiki.picapport.de/display/PICE/Find+photos+with+PicApport (check: Find photos with the map and relative search...)
 and  Full text search of photos - Supported metadata (check section about shooting date)

The timeline in PicApport is organized by folders on your server (what make sense if you have more than 10.000-50.000 photos from different family members....)

regards
Eric

pascal...@gmail.com

Mar 22, 2021, 10:09:24 AM3/22/21
to PicApport
I have about 40 000 files and it makes sense the way Google, Apple and others are doing it with infinite scrolling and timeline...
Folders view is also useful (and any SW is able to do it) but not alone