Video Plugin Enhancement

heru....@gmail.com

Apr 8, 2021, 7:25:44 AM4/8/21
to PicApport
Hi,

Is it possible to enhance video plugin to support file type MTS?

I have checked the source code, and I predicted that it shouls be as easy as to add the supported type list and give the correct encoding + evtl. add some codec plugin for ffmpeg.

But I am not sure what value to enter for the encoding type.

Any suggestions?

Thanks and best regards
Heru

E. Schreiner

Apr 8, 2021, 11:35:21 AM4/8/21
to PicApport
... we recommend to use ffmpeg to convert the videos to mp4 because PicApport is not playing the videos.
It's the Browser you use to run PicApport....

heru....@gmail.com

Apr 9, 2021, 3:45:15 AM4/9/21
to PicApport
Hi Eric,

thanks for your reply.
Yes, I tried that already, but the quality loss was not ignoreable.
And for me, the playing on browser has second priority, as I can still download and play it afterwards.
It is more important for me to be able to create the screenshots and letting those viewable as pictures in picapport.

Best regards,
Heru

E. Schreiner

Apr 9, 2021, 3:57:33 AM4/9/21
to PicApport
can you provide us a small example?

heru....@gmail.com

Apr 9, 2021, 11:41:41 AM4/9/21
to PicApport
I have just attached a relative small example.
00009.MTS

E. Schreiner

Apr 12, 2021, 8:26:19 AM4/12/21
to PicApport
it schould work already if you use .MT as File extension. We'll add .MTS in the next verion of the plugin..... So stay tuned......

heru....@gmail.com

Apr 12, 2021, 8:53:18 AM4/12/21
to PicApport
cool.
I'll try to rename some of my videos just to check. But for long term, I'm waiting for the update.
Thanks

E. Schreiner

Apr 13, 2021, 11:12:07 AM4/13/21
to PicApport
New PicApportVideoThumbnailPlugin-src v1.7.00.zip  is on https://www.picapport.de/de/plugins.php
feedback welcome

heru....@gmail.com

Apr 13, 2021, 11:38:20 AM4/13/21
to PicApport
Hi Eric,

thanks for the fast plugin update.
I have tried it and got the following error message in the log:
INFO @ 17:33:31.540 de.contecon.picapport.plugin.video.PicapportVideoThumbnailPlugin: Video : /mnt/<fotopath>/00020.MTS
MSG  @ 17:33:31.909 de.contecon.picapport.plugin.video.PicapportVideoThumbnailPlugin: timestamp: 0
ERROR@ 17:33:33.893 Exception Error PhotoCrawler.DirectoryConsumer.createSubstituteIfReqired: java.nio.file.FileSystemException: /mnt/<fotopath>/00020.MTS.$.jpg: Operation not supported

Maybe you have any idea why this error occurred?

Best regards,
Heru

E. Schreiner

Apr 14, 2021, 4:38:03 AM4/14/21
to PicApport
it works fine on my machine. So her are som questions:
  • Does the video plugin work with other types (e.g. mp4 files)?
  • Can you provide me a log-file in debug mode when this error occurs?

heru....@gmail.com

Apr 14, 2021, 6:43:52 AM4/14/21
to PicApport
Hi,
I do not know how/why, but after you told me to change to DEBUG mode, I realized over the night the thumbnails have been created successfully.
It seems the plugin seems to work like charm :)

Nevertheless, answering your question: yes, I never had any issue with mp4 files

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Heru