how to make Picapport localhost available on the internet securely

Yasmeen Shabana

Oct 29, 2023, 7:34:19 AM10/29/23
to PicApport
hello,

my picapport server works perfectly from my windows machine and phone app but only when both are on the local network because my server is just a localhost server.

I've been searching a lot for a secure way to make my photo server available on the internet so I can access it anywhere. I failed to find a step by step procedures to do and I've been trying for more than a year.

I would like to have a server with https
any help is appreciated
thanks

Carl Ruf

Nov 8, 2023, 4:08:25 PM11/8/23
to PicApport

Hello,
I can access the Picapport server remotely via VPN using my DSL router at home.
Via app on mobile devices or also on desktop computers.
VPN is considered a very secure access method.
Hope this might help

Charly