Adding New Chips to Support Library

armstrong subero

Apr 28, 2017, 10:57:04 AM4/28/17
to PIC24 Assembly-to-C Book
Hello I would like to know the process for adding new chips to the support library, specifically the PIC24fj256ga705 and pic24fj128gb204 thank you very much!

Jones, Bryan

Apr 28, 2017, 11:58:01 AM4/28/17
to pic24-assemb...@googlegroups.com
1. Add info about the chip's pinout to templates\pic24_devices.csv. I have a utility to do this, making it pretty quick, and just finished that.
2. Add info about the chip's revisions (see the chilp's errata) to lib\include\pic24_chips.h. I've completed this.
3. Add info about config bit settings to lib\src\pic24_configbits.c. I'll leave that to you. Use the MPLAB GUI to set config bits, click generate code, then copy and paste.

I've attached updated files to put in your lib\include directory.

On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 11:19 PM, armstrong subero <armstro...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello I would like to know the process for adding new chips to the support library, specifically the PIC24fj256ga705 and pic24fj128gb204 thank you very much!

Bryan A. Jones, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
231 Simrall / PO Box 9571
Mississippi State University
Mississippi State, MS 39762
http://www.ece.msstate.edu/~bjones
bjones AT ece DOT msstate DOT edu
voice 662-325-3149
fax 662-325-2298

Our Master, Jesus Christ, is on his way. He'll show up right on
time, his arrival guaranteed by the Blessed and Undisputed Ruler,
High King, High God.
- 1 Tim. 6:14b-15 (The Message)
pic24_chip.h
pic24_ports_mapping.h