SPI Question Re CKE, CKP for the Max6675

Abraxas

Jun 25, 2016, 7:44:26 AM6/25/16
to PIC24 Assembly-to-C Book
I am reading the section on SPI and on page 397, it says "There are four combinations possible using CKP/CKE .... The particular combination required is  slave device dependent..." Being that I am interested in building a project very similar to the reflow oven, using the MAX6675, can you please tell me which combination I am to use ? Thanks.

Charlie

Jones, Bryan

Jun 29, 2016, 10:52:42 PM6/29/16
to pic24-assemb...@googlegroups.com
Charlie,

You need to look at the MAX6675 data sheet and look at what it expects in terms of a clock -- does it idle low or high; does it expect data on rising or falling edges? Match this to the CKP/CKE bits to get it working.

On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 5:57 PM, Abraxas <cmo...@hotmail.com> wrote:
I am reading the section on SPI and on page 397, it says "There are four combinations possible using CKP/CKE .... The particular combination required is  slave device dependent..." Being that I am interested in building a project very similar to the reflow oven, using the MAX6675, can you please tell me which combination I am to use ? Thanks.

Charlie

Bryan A. Jones, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
231 Simrall / PO Box 9571
Mississippi State University
Mississippi state, MS 39762
http://www.ece.msstate.edu/~bjones
bjones AT ece DOT msstate DOT edu
voice 662-325-3149
fax 662-325-2298

Our Master, Jesus Christ, is on his way. He'll show up right on
time, his arrival guaranteed by the Blessed and Undisputed Ruler,
High King, High God.
- 1 Tim. 6:14b-15 (The Message)

Abraxas