Replacement DVD

Abraxas

Jun 13, 2015, 3:15:29 PM6/13/15
to pic24-assemb...@googlegroups.com
I can't find my DVD. Is there a place to download or get a replacement ? Thanks.

Jones, Bryan

Jun 14, 2015, 5:31:57 PM6/14/15
to pic24-assemb...@googlegroups.com
All the files which come with the textbook are available for free download from:

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 8:21 PM, Abraxas <cmo...@hotmail.com> wrote:
I can't find my DVD. Is there a place to download or get a replacement ? Thanks.

Bryan A. Jones, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
231 Simrall / PO Box 9571
Mississippi State University
Mississippi state, MS 39762
http://www.ece.msstate.edu/~bjones
bjones AT ece DOT msstate DOT edu
voice 662-325-3149
fax 662-325-2298

Our Master, Jesus Christ, is on his way. He'll show up right on
time, his arrival guaranteed by the Blessed and Undisputed Ruler,
High King, High God.
- 1 Tim. 6:14b-15 (The Message)

Abraxas

Aug 19, 2015, 10:20:13 PM8/19/15
to PIC24 Assembly-to-C Book
Unfortunately, I looked in this location for a Chapter 15 or Capstone Projects and could not find either folder in the latest zip ("Latest Version" MPLab X). Is the reflow oven code in another folder or did it get excluded from the zip ? In the case of the later, is it on the disk that came with the book, if so, I will begin the long task of turning my house upside down to find it :>(.

On Sunday, June 14, 2015 at 2:31:57 PM UTC-7, Bryan A. Jones wrote:
All the files which come with the textbook are available for free download from:

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 8:21 PM, Abraxas <cmo...@hotmail.com> wrote:
I can't find my DVD. Is there a place to download or get a replacement ? Thanks.

Jones, Bryan

Abraxas

Dec 13, 2015, 7:30:50 AM12/13/15
to PIC24 Assembly-to-C Book
Thanks for the link to these files. I'm just scanning them for now and will start the process of reading for greater understanding and depth soon. I keep seeing printf statements in all the code. I thought I had gone over the text several times but don't recall an output device being mentioned, in the project description. Did I miss something in the text ? Would this be a UART situation to a computer based terminal emulator ?

Jones, Bryan

Dec 13, 2015, 9:48:07 PM12/13/15
to pic24-assemb...@googlegroups.com
Yes, there is a serial output device. Refer to chapter 8 or to http://www.reesemicro.com/Home/pic24-software-library-collection/getting-started#TOC-Testing-with-echo. A UART to USB cable allows the PIC to communicate and be programming using the provided application (Bully Bootloader).