I'm stuck trying to load echo onto a PIC24FV32KA302

proje...@gmail.com

Oct 20, 2018, 9:41:26 AM10/20/18
to PIC24 Assembly-to-C Book
Hi,

I have the PIC24 FV Microstick and I can't get Chapter 8 echo or any other examples to build.  I specifically purchased PIC24FV32KA302 chips because I saw them defined in your files.  I keep getting pic24_uart.o failed errors.  Do you have any suggestions?  I'd really like to use 5V chips.  I have gotten the Microstick II and 3.3V chips to work on my system.

-Mike

Jones, Bryan

Oct 22, 2018, 10:24:11 AM10/22/18
to pic24-assemb...@googlegroups.com
Mike,

Compile with -D HARDWARE_PLATFORM=HARDMAPPED_UART -- see https://courses.ece.msstate.edu/ece3724/main_pic24/docs/pic24__libconfig_8h.html#a36bfbb43cadf0907ba370d838ee04f35. I haven't tested with these, so you may need to make a few more adjustments.

Bryan

Bryan A. Jones, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
231 Simrall / PO Box 9571
Mississippi State University
Mississippi State, MS 39762
http://www.ece.msstate.edu/~bjones
bjones AT ece DOT msstate DOT edu
voice 662-325-3149
fax 662-325-2298

Our Master, Jesus Christ, is on his way. He'll show up right on
time, his arrival guaranteed by the Blessed and Undisputed Ruler,
High King, High God.
- 1 Tim. 6:14b-15 (The Message)