Things to know for this week

Peace in Christ - Office

Mar 10, 2023, 12:31:11 PM3/10/23
to pic-...@googlegroups.com

Want to stay on our list? If you haven’t already, please click here to send a reply message that will let us know. We may be changing the ways we communicate in the coming months, and want to make sure that we don't leave anyone out who wishes to continue hearing from us.

Remember to set your clocks ahead an hour on Saturday night, and SPRING FORWARD!

  • Here's a link to Sunday's bulletin and the current prayer list
  • This week’s altar flowers are given by Kim Lewis, for the glory of God. Would you like to honor a loved one or special occasion and help beautify the sanctuary? Look for the signup sheet on the hall bulletin board or email the church office.  Deadline for April orders: March 22.
  • If you missed this week’s Lenten Midweek Devotional, you can still find it on our website. Video devotionals are published at 7:00 PM each Wednesday in Lent. Links are sent out via email and Facebook.
  • The congregation must approve a lay voting delegate for the LCMS Convention to vote for President.  Council has recommended that the President, Gregg Oberhaus, serve as that delegate.  The delegate must be registered, however, prior to the next congregational voters meeting.  Therefore, there will be a short (10 min) Congregation Voters meeting this Sunday, March 12th, immediately after the service in the Sanctuary to allow the congregation to vote on the matter.  Please attend.
  • Our regular Voters’ Meeting will be held after church on March 19. Watch your email for more information and supporting documents. We will also have a short presentation that day from the Gideons International.
  • Sunday,  March 26 will include a special Stewardship feature, with the dedication of this year’s pledges.
  • March 15 is the deadline to take the survey for “Set Apart to Serve,” the LCMS initiative to recruit future pastors and church workers. Help the LCMS improve its work in equipping the church to raise up the next generation of church workers. Your input is invaluable; the more responses we receive, the better equipped we can be to serve the church in this effort. All responses are completely anonymous and confidential.
  • Did you miss the forum with SED President Rev. Dr. Bill Harmon? There’s a virtual one next week, Thursday 3/16 from 7-9 PM. Click here to sign up.
  • Church Council will meet next on April 16.
  • Small Group Hosts wanted! If you would consider hosting a weekly or monthly Bible study or book club, either in your home or elsewhere, please see Pastor Singer.
  • Do you know a student who is enrolled in a vocational, technical, or skilled trade program? The Bourland Educational Assistance Fund is soliciting scholarship applications now; more information on the bulletin board.
  • We’re preparing to roll out a new church Web site! It’s being developed in Church360° Unite, the platform associated with our database software. When the new site is ready, it will be accessible at www.peaceinchrist.org, replacing the old version. Church360° Unite offers a variety of features, including the ability for members to log in and view an interactive directory, update their own contact information, or participate in various group discussions. If we have your email on file, you may receive an invitation to log in to the site from noreply.pe...@360unite.com. If we don’t have your email on file, please contact the church office to fix that problem! (See info on back of bulletin.)