Dec 30th, 2016

J. Stanley Ryberg

Dec 30, 2020, 7:39:09 PM12/30/20
to Google Pianotech

Please forgive me for reposting from this date in 2018…I have very little more to say than I said then.  Remember the Rochester NY convention, with Rebuilders Row and the wonderful performances on their pianos?  And Ron Overs’ piano, all the way from Australia?  I couldn’t pick a favorite…but three of them particularly spoke to me…Dave Andersen’s C, Dale Erwin’s B (or was it a D?) and Ron Nossaman’s B.  Different, yes, but each one a superior instrument in its own right.  And Ron’s big smile when talking about it…unforgettable.

We lost him four years ago today…gone too soon but having made a big impression on all of us.

We’ll reflect on him…I do, often.

Cheers!

J. Stanley Ryberg

Dec 30, 2018, 3:32:33 PM

to Google Pianotech

On this date we lost Ron Nossaman, one of the brightest, most probing minds in the pianotech world...possibly the whole world. Can it have been two years? I still expect to see his shared knowledge, his willing advice and his well-known biting wit! Every time I was fortunate enough to meet him, he was unfailingly cordial. An act, I wondered? No...Ron never acted. He could be an antagonist, especially when dealing with “conventional wisdom,” but he was also a kind person, an honest person, a friend. He continues to be missed.

Sent from my iPad

Stan Ryberg
Ft Myers FL 33919

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Don

Dec 30, 2020, 7:44:28 PM12/30/20
to pian...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stan,

Thanks for the reminder of the loss of one of the best. I learned so much from Ron N

Regards,
Don Rose
mailto:pian...@yahoo.com http://www.donrose.ca/
Box 37181, Regina, SK S4S 7K4
306-539-0716

Don Bee

Dec 30, 2020, 8:06:34 PM12/30/20
to pian...@googlegroups.com

Yes, Stan: I, too, remember him well. On one occasion I contacted him directly on some item not entirely “on topic” and he took the time to respond fully and respectfully. He was the “salt of the earth”.

Don Bee

externet.hu Adminstrator

Dec 30, 2020, 8:11:29 PM12/30/20
to pian...@googlegroups.com
J. Stanley Ryberg,
As do I. Even though Ron and I were adversaries from time to time. I greatly respected his skill, intellect and inginuity(?). I often quote him or use his tools with my Associates. His name should always be remembered and honored. Since his passing this list has pretty much disappeared. That is sad.
Best wishes for a better and happier 2021,
Joe Garrett

[...]

Captain of the Tool Police
Squares R I
gpianoworks.com