Old parts

Glenn

Jan 27, 2023, 12:31:45 PM1/27/23
to pian...@googlegroups.com

I just replaced all of the hammers and repetitions in my 1922 Steinway M to rid it of verdigris (and it was “hammer time” as well, anyway).  I’m wondering what to do with the old parts.  The hammers/shanks/flanges do not seem worth saving but the whippens do.  I can sell them as a set, individually, as is with verdigris or mitigate the verdigris first.   Of course I could keep a few for spares and toss the rest too.  I looked on ebay and found too much diversity:  a full set for fifty or so bucks all the way up to $25 per repetition.  What say you?

Jan 27, 2023, 3:26:40 PM1/27/23
to pian...@googlegroups.com
Glen

Keep them for future use. You might need only one every 10 years or so, but at least you'll have them.

Wim