heater bars

Don

Mar 13, 2022, 4:28:30 PM3/13/22
to Pianotech
Hi all,

Is Moisture King out of business? They made dehumidifier rods and had an adjustable humidity controller.

Regards,
mailto:pian...@yahoo.com http://www.donrose.ca/
Box 37181, Regina, SK S4S 7K4
306-539-0716

Peter Grey

Mar 13, 2022, 4:49:58 PM3/13/22
to pian...@googlegroups.com
Don,

I don't know but I never liked their stuff anyway as it was cheap and hokey to install. Rattled in time...junk built to compete with Dampp-Chaser.

Pwg

Peter W. Grey, RPT
Registered Piano Technician
603.686.2395 (talk & text)
pianod...@gmail.com
www.seacoastpianodoctor.com
Uniquely Improved Furniture, Complete Piano Service and More
https://youtu.be/PK0T7_I_nV8

Joe Garrett

Mar 13, 2022, 5:23:08 PM3/13/22
to pian...@googlegroups.com

Hopefully, they are.

Joe

Captain of the Tool Police

Squares R I

gpianoworks.com

Paul McCLoud

Mar 13, 2022, 6:11:16 PM3/13/22
to pian...@googlegroups.com

I purchased a bunch of their bars a few months ago.  Yes, they're still in business.  The owner said he could not supply the humidistat controllers anymore because they could not source the parts.  The bars are made with fiberglass (if I remember him correctly) and not glass inside, so they are virtually indestructible.  I like their flat heater strip, which I use on pianos that live very close to the ocean to keep their actions free.  They are only 8 watts, so no danger of cooking the pin block.  These are also temperature controlled, so they don't need a humidistat.  We aren't the only customers, there are lots of apartment complexes which need these to keep mold out of closets and other damp places.  He's not dependent upon us for sales.  He's got a tidy business going on.  Nice guy too.

Paul

Don

Mar 13, 2022, 6:23:01 PM3/13/22
to pian...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul,

The web site seems to be gone. Do you happen to have contact information for him?

Regards,
mailto:pian...@yahoo.com http://www.donrose.ca/
Box 37181, Regina, SK S4S 7K4
306-539-0716

Paul McCLoud

Mar 13, 2022, 6:47:47 PM3/13/22
to 'Don' via pianotech

Hi Don:

The name is actually Moisture King.  Sorry, was my mistake.  Here's his company information:

https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_fl/L05000002433

You can contact him from the information on this website.  I also looked and didn't see a website.  Hmm, strange in these times.  Whatever.  Give him a call.

Paul

Don

Mar 13, 2022, 7:04:46 PM3/13/22
to pian...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
mailto:pian...@yahoo.com http://www.donrose.ca/
Box 37181, Regina, SK S4S 7K4
306-539-0716

lim hock seng

Mar 13, 2022, 8:51:26 PM3/13/22
to pian...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul,
Do have a picture of the 8watt flat heater strip?.I googled but could not find any. Thanks in advance.

Thank you!
Best regards,
Hock Seng LIM

Paul McCLoud

Mar 14, 2022, 12:11:22 AM3/14/22
to pian...@googlegroups.com

I made a photo with my phone, but I'm not sure it got sent.  I sent you a photo directly from my phone to your email address, and also to myself.  It has yet to come into my email.  Stand by..

Paul

Paul McCLoud

Mar 14, 2022, 1:30:34 AM3/14/22
to pian...@googlegroups.com

Attached is a photo of the flat Moisture King dehumidifier.  In the package it's not so easy to see, but it's basically a black plastic heater strip that's thin and flat.  I usually put it on top of the hammer flanges.  In places like Coronado Island, where humidity is very high, it seems to work ok and keeps the flanges free.  Especially on some Chyknees pianos which are prone to have sluggish centers.

MoistureKingFlat.JPG

lim hock seng

Mar 14, 2022, 2:09:49 AM3/14/22
to pian...@googlegroups.com