Joe Garrett

Regi Hedahl

Mar 2, 2023, 11:16:47 AM3/2/23
to pianotech
I just received word that Joe Garrett passed away this morning.

Regi Hedahl

Paul McCLoud

Mar 2, 2023, 11:57:52 AM3/2/23
to pian...@googlegroups.com

Very sad news.  Joe was a really good guy.  A little crusty at times, but always willing to lend a hand and give some sage advice.  He was always a good friend to me.  Didn't hear from him for some time, maybe he went to some other forum to avoid some "flame wars" during Covid.

Now where are you going to get all those action parts that aren't made anymore?  A lot of square grands are crying right now too, as very few  who work on them anymore.  (I don't).  He was the square grand "champion".

RIP Joe.  Godspeed to you.

On 3/2/2023 8:16 AM, Regi Hedahl wrote:
I just received word that Joe Garrett passed away this morning.

Regi Hedahl

Terry Farrell

Mar 2, 2023, 2:21:51 PM3/2/23
to pian...@googlegroups.com
Hi Regi,

Thanks for letting us know. Dog gone, Joe was one of the special ones. I and many others will miss him dearly.

Terry Farrell

On Mar 2, 2023, at 11:16 AM, Regi Hedahl <piano...@gmail.com> wrote:

I just received word that Joe Garrett passed away this morning.

Regi Hedahl

Dale Fox

Mar 2, 2023, 2:27:02 PM3/2/23
to pian...@googlegroups.com
Sorry to hear this.   RIP, Joe.

Dale Fox

Mar 2, 2023, 2:52:01 PM3/2/23
to pian...@googlegroups.com
Joe was a phenomenally gifted technician  I immensely enjoyed reading his posts over the last 13 years and learned a great deal from him. He will be greatly missed by all who were blessed by knowing him

Allied PianoCraft

Mar 2, 2023, 2:59:56 PM3/2/23
to pian...@googlegroups.com
So sorry 😢. He was one of a kind. The best times on this group was when he and Nosaman challenged each other.

High Point, NC
Al -

On Mar 2, 2023, at 2:21 PM, Terry Farrell <farrellpi...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Hi Regi,

Les Koltvedt

Mar 2, 2023, 3:11:56 PM3/2/23
to pian...@googlegroups.com
Although I never met Joe Garrett, I have read so many of his posts. He will be missed.

Les Koltvedt
LKPianos.com

On Mar 2, 2023, at 2:59 PM, Allied PianoCraft <alliedpi...@outlook.com> wrote:

 So sorry 😢. He was one of a kind. The best times on this group was when he and Nosaman challenged each other.

Rick Ucci

Mar 2, 2023, 4:36:14 PM3/2/23
to pian...@googlegroups.com
Loved that dude! I wonder who he left his flame suit to? Rip Joe 🎹 🪦

Rick Ucci
Uccipiano.com

cspr...@gmail.com

Mar 3, 2023, 12:53:11 AM3/3/23
to pianotech
I met Joe in the smoking lounge at numerous PTG conventions.  He was one of a kind, and will be missed by many that he didn't even know, or remember.  I still do, even though I don't smoke any more......  Clark

Ron Overs

Mar 10, 2023, 2:32:39 AM3/10/23
to pian...@googlegroups.com

Hi Terry, Dale and all,

Sorry to hear of Joe's passing. He was one who spoke his mind which is very refreshing. Met Joe when we had our 225 at the Reno Convention.