Using lexicon probabilities

Chloe Braud

Feb 14, 2017, 9:59:57 AM2/14/17
to pialign-users
Hi Graham and pialign users,

I'm not sure to understand the -le2f and -lf2e options, do they correspond to bi-lingual lexicons where words and their translations are associated with a probability? If so, what is the expected format for these files?

Thanks,

Graham Neubig

Feb 14, 2017, 12:47:42 PM2/14/17
to pialig...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chloe,

These are in space-separated format where it's
word_f word_e probability

Graham

Chloe Braud

Feb 15, 2017, 6:56:53 AM2/15/17
to pialign-users
Hi Graham,

Thanks a lot for your answer! That actually raises new questions:
1- Is it possible to have composed words (that may contain a space) in the lexicon?
2- I'm not sure to understand how this lexicon is used by the model: is it used to initialize the conditional probabilities at the word level?
3- Is it possible to give a (seed) phrase table as input?

All the best,