VERSION 1.0-SNAPSHOT is AVAILABLE

Pi4J

Sep 16, 2014, 11:48:58 PM9/16/14
to pi...@googlegroups.com
A new build of version 1.0-SNAPSHOT is AVAILABLE now.

We are focused on bug workdown so we can release 1.0 soon.

knutef...@gmail.com

Dec 5, 2014, 7:33:13 PM12/5/14
to pi...@googlegroups.com, pi...@googlegroups.com

The new build was downloaded when I did an update but was blocked when it attempted to install a new pi4j script.  I deleted the script and ran upgrade again and it installed correctly.

rami khawaly

Feb 16, 2015, 2:11:00 PM2/16/15
to pi...@googlegroups.com, pi...@googlegroups.com
Hello, when it will be available via maven repository ?

Robert Savage

Feb 18, 2015, 12:00:44 PM2/18/15
to pi...@googlegroups.com, pi...@googlegroups.com
SNAPSHOT builds are not published into Maven Central from the Sonatype OSS repo.

You can include the Sonatype OSS repo in your POM file to get the snapshot builds.  See this link for instructions:

Thanks, Robert

Jeff Lewis

Feb 28, 2015, 11:10:09 AM2/28/15
to pi...@googlegroups.com, pi...@googlegroups.com
i installed Pi4J with 'curl -s get.pi4j.com | sudo bash' and when I try to update the Pi4J package with 'sudo apt-get upgrade', I get this error:
  pi4j
1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 548 kB of archives.
After this operation, 11.3 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]?
Get:1 http://repository.pi4j.com/ wheezy/rpi pi4j all 1.0~SNAPSHOT [548 kB]
Fetched 548 kB in 1s (354 kB/s)
(Reading database ... 71667 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace pi4j 1.0~SNAPSHOT (using .../pi4j_1.0~SNAPSHOT_all.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement pi4j ...
upgrade
Setting up pi4j (1.0~SNAPSHOT) ...
ln: failed to create symbolic link `/usr/bin/pi4j': File exists
dpkg: error processing pi4j (--configure):
 pi4j

To work around this I did 'sudo unlink /usr/bin/pi4j' and ran 'curl -s get.pi4j.com | sudo bash' again (no issues).  My guess is you are trying to create a symlink on top of a symlink without unlinking it first (or at least checking for its existence).  This error will persist until cleaning up as I described.

Am I missing something?

Jeff Lewis

Feb 28, 2015, 11:11:15 AM2/28/15
to pi...@googlegroups.com

Oops, make that 'sudo apt-get upgrade' after I removed the symlink.  I did not resinstall at that poing (bad paste)

Robert Savage

Feb 28, 2015, 5:12:21 PM2/28/15
to pi...@googlegroups.com, pi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeff,
Thanks for pointing this out!  You were right, the symbolic linking command was missing the "--force" flag.

Should be fixed now:

Thanks, Robert