pin.pulse compilation issue

Capt.D

Sep 9, 2016, 11:59:15 AM9/9/16
to Pi4J
Hi,

Just downloaded and installed pi4j and I'm not able to run  ControlGpioExample due to a compile error on the pin.pulse line.

I suspect it could be a maven or library link issue (cannot find java.utl.concurrent) on my part as this was a new netbeans installation.

Any ideas, see snapshot of my Netbeans project below.  I'm just starting with ME.

Thanks -

Steve Kim

Sep 9, 2016, 2:27:14 PM9/9/16
to Pi4J
Hi Captain D,

I do not know about the NetBeans; however, the way I solved this kind of issue is as follows:
1) From the directory where the custom java file is, put all the pi4j jar file in the directory.
2) From the same directory, type "sudo java -cp .:* filename.java"
3) If the same error message occurs, then goto GitHub to get the pi4j source code and investigate.
4) Or compile the pi4j source code, along with your custom source code, inside your NetBeans ide and debug it.

Good luck!

Steve Kim

Sep 9, 2016, 2:27:16 PM9/9/16
to Pi4J

Steve Kim

Sep 9, 2016, 2:31:46 PM9/9/16
to Pi4J
I meant compile by "sudo javac -cp .:* filename.java"

Robert Savage

Sep 9, 2016, 2:54:43 PM9/9/16
to Pi4J
Is this an issue where the JAVA ME version you are using does not include support for java.uitl.concurrent classes?
I'm not very familiar with ME.

Capt.D

Sep 9, 2016, 4:58:27 PM9/9/16
to Pi4J
Ok Thanks,

So is the usual solution to just run SE on one's Pi ?  I only started down the ME direction from the Oracle course.

Robert Savage

Sep 20, 2016, 1:31:50 PM9/20/16
to Pi4J
I think you will find it easier to start with SE.  These days the Oracle SE JVM/JDK come pre-installed on the latest Raspian images.
If you are building an embedded project for sale and need to pay royalties to Oracle for the JVM, then the ME might be better for pricing or greater control over the environment.

Thanks, Robert