win32 emulation support?

roy.be...@gmail.com

Feb 10, 2013, 10:22:58 AM2/10/13
to pi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I understand that to use GPIO on RPI with Oracle JDK8, need to setup the build environment and the RPI runtime environment.

Is there some win32 emulation for Pi4J that helps to run code which uses GPIO? e.g., some simulation UI for the pins that triggers the events or shows the status? something like the GPIO picture in http://pi4j.com/example/control.html

thanks!

Robert Savage

Feb 11, 2013, 7:50:21 PM2/11/13
Hi Roy,

There is not a current emulator in the Pi4J package, but it is in the future plans/features.

You can build your software on a separate computer and then run it on the Pi hardware.  You don't have to build Pi4J or software consuming it on the Pi.

Thanks, Robert

Benp

Jun 26, 2013, 3:00:09 AM6/26/13
to pi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I would be very interested in an emulator too.
I am running PI4J with jdeveloper with students in an university

Is there a quick way to run a PI4J java program on a standard computer(linux or windows)? This would allow to test everything except GPIO(mainly graphical interface).
The only solution I found is to comment everything in relation with PI4J, but this can be a big job if there is a lot of GPIO call are dispersed in the program.

Michael Rosenauer

Jun 27, 2013, 2:41:01 PM6/27/13
to pi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I do not have an emulator but I am using the bridge pattern to abstract my funtionality. Together with a factory method, detecting the OS and setting the correct
implementation of the bridge, I am able to develop under Windows. It works for my actual project, maybe it is an idea to solve your problem.

Jérémie Trussart

Jul 2, 2013, 4:42:19 PM7/2/13
to pi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Robert,

Great to have it planned. Any idea on the planning for this emulator?

KR
Jérémie

Le mardi 12 février 2013 01:48:33 UTC+1, Robert Savage a écrit :
Hi Roy,

There is not a current emulator in the Pi4J package, but it is in the future plans/features.

You can build your software on a separate computer and then run it on the Pi hardware.  You don't have to build Pi4J or software consuming it on the Pi.

Thanks, Robert

Robert Savage

Jul 13, 2013, 5:06:20 PM7/13/13
to pi...@googlegroups.com
Jérémie,

No ETA for this feature -- however, I am planning to start work on the next major version of Pi4J this summer.

Thanks, Robert