Raspberry Pi with Java: Programming the Internet of Things (IoT)

Robert Savage

Dec 14, 2015, 11:55:39 AM12/14/15
to Pi4J
Raspberry Pi with Java: Programming the Internet of Things (IoT)
by Stephen Chin and James L. Weaver

Image

I had the opportunity to read this book cover to cover and can confidently say that it provides an excellent primer for any hobbyist or professional developer getting started with the Raspberry Pi with a focus on Java development. Fundamentally, this book is a compilation of projects that demonstrate various integrations where Java can be used with the Raspberry Pi to produce some functional "product". Along the way each project gets increasingly more complex thus exposing the reader to more sophisticated integration capabilities and techniques. While some projects seem daunting, the authors meticulously walk the reader through all the necessary environment configuration settings, development environment configuration, and build steps.

A more detailed review of this book along with some updated information on the Pi4J project is available on my site at:
http://www.savagehomeautomation.com/rpijp

Buy it on Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0071842012/savagehomeaut-20

Thanks, Robert