Support for Raspberry Pi Zero W

Markus Tonsaker

Mar 8, 2017, 9:06:46 PM3/8/17
to Pi4J
With the recent addition to the Pi Family, I was wondering if the library supports the Raspberry Pi Zero W Edition.  I will be ordering a few soon and I would like to know if I will be able to use this Library in my development.

Robert Savage

Mar 9, 2017, 11:06:04 AM3/9/17
to Pi4J
I would imagine it works out of the box since we already support the first RPi Zero.  However, I do have some on order to test out and verify.   So if there is something wrong, we would plan on getting it supported relatively quickly.

Thanks, Robert

Robert Savage

Mar 14, 2017, 1:35:29 PM3/14/17
to Pi4J
I just pulled in the lasted changes from WiringPi and have deployed a new 1.2-SNAPSHOT build to better support the PiZero-W.

Ben Abbott

Apr 23, 2017, 11:20:45 AM4/23/17
to Pi4J
Did you ever test it on the Zero W, I've been trying to get the library to work on mine but it keeps saying:

"Unable to determine hardware version. I see: Hardware : BCM2835 "

I'm sending my program remotely so even though I updated the libraries on my laptop and I deleted the ones on the pi, there might be a chance its still using an older version but I'm not sure.