Introducing a new way to configure the Raspberry Pi using a web interface.

Tom Tibbetts

Apr 14, 2016, 10:39:35 PM4/14/16
to Pi4J
Hello Everyone,
I want to introduce you all to a web based application for the Raspberry Pi that allows you to map add-on board I/O components such as PiFace to the Raspberry Pi using menu driven mapping configuration editors.  This application also has the capability to run small sequencing programs.  I invite you to check out the website that explains all of this.  There is 10 minute video along with a free download of the application and supporting manuals. I welcome all feedback!

Please go to: Breezy4Pi for more information.

Thank you,
Tom Tibbetts

Robert Savage

Apr 14, 2016, 11:06:22 PM4/14/16
to Pi4J
Hi Tom

I've been checking it out, pretty cool project and demo on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-SWsN_qAzk).

I did not see a code repository, I was going to peek under the covers :-)
I noticed in your install docs that you referenced installing WiringPi.  I'm not sure if your project needs it or not?  If you are only using Pi4J APIs, then there is no need to install WiringPi in addition to Pi4J. (Pi4J embeds a native library with WiringPi statically linked in)

Thanks, Robert

Tom Tibbetts

Apr 17, 2016, 1:47:06 PM4/17/16
to Pi4J
Hi Robert,
Thanks for giving me a gander!

I will look to see how I'm bringing in WiringPi and how to avoid that step if possible.

I have yet to put my code base into a public repository mostly because I need to learn how to use GitHub.  This is next on my list of action items.  In the meantime, I did zip up my source and put a download link up on website.  You can access it here: Breezy.zip  Just go to the bottom of the page and look for Breezy.zip.

I appreciate your cheer leading.  Thanks again.

Tom Tibbetts

Apr 23, 2016, 11:01:31 AM4/23/16
to Pi4J
Code repository is posted: https://github.com/tomtibbetts/Breezy

I finally learned basic Github and now have my code under source control!