PWM outputs and its frequency for Pi4J V1.3 on Raspberry Pi 4

Daniel Mårtensson

Jun 25, 2020, 1:55:08 PM6/25/20
to Pi4J
Hi!

Going soon to buy a Raspberry Pi 4 and I need 4 PWM outputs. What I need to know if it's possible the set the PWM frequencies between 20Hz and 300 Hz?
Is there any pinmap avaiable for latest Pi4J version?

I'm going to connect Vaadin + Pi4J for controlling stuffs over the internet via my mobile.

Frank Delporte

Jun 25, 2020, 2:05:07 PM6/25/20
to Pi4J
hi, without knowing the details myself (yet ;-))...
As Pi4J V2 uses PiGpio for the actual I/O functions, we really need to look to the possibilities of PiGpio for this:

* see http://abyz.me.uk/rpi/pigpio/index.html > hardware timed PWM on all of GPIO 0-31