Format of the files in training_data?

Taehyung Yu

Apr 4, 2024, 10:29:49 AMApr 4
to physionet-challenges
Dear Physionet Challenge team,

We found out that you have mentioned training_data and test_data in Docker-specific FAQs section as below.
"Download the training data from the Challenge website. Put some of the training data in training_data and test_data."

We would like to ask if the format of the files in training_data is .png or .hea&.dat.

Thank you,
Taehyung Yu

PhysioNet Challenge

Apr 4, 2024, 10:31:15 AMApr 4
to physionet-challenges
Dear Taehyung,

The training set has WFDB files (.hea and .dat) that contain the ECG time series and image files (.png) that contain ECG images. You can follow the instructions in the example code to download the ECG time series and generate the ECG images locally. We will use the same files for the training set:
https://github.com/physionetchallenges/python-example-2024?tab=readme-ov-file#how-do-i-create-data-for-these-scripts

The validation and test sets have incomplete WFDB files (parts of .hea, but not .dat) and image files. One of the Challenge tasks is to recover the ECG time series from the ECG images. The other task is to classify the ECG images.

The default ECG images in the training set do not have distortions (creases, shadows, etc.), but you may find it helpful to create new ECG images with various distortions for training your model. You can include the ECG image generation code with your submission to do so.

Please check recent forum posts and the Challenge website for more information about the data and tasks.

Best,
Matt
(On behalf of the Challenge team.)

Please post questions and comments in the forum. However, if your question reveals information about your entry, then please email info at physionetchallenge.org. We may post parts of our reply publicly if we feel that all Challengers should benefit from it. We will not answer emails about the Challenge to any other address. This email is maintained by a group. Please do not email us individually.