Abstract submission instructions announcement

physionet-challenges

Mar 31, 2021, 5:27:02 PM3/31/21
to physionet-challenges

Dear Challengers,

Please do not forget to submit an abstract to CinC by 15th April. In order to qualify for a prize, your abstract *must* be accepted by the review team. You should hear back before the end of May. Please read “Advice on Writing an Abstract” for important information on writing a successful abstract. Here is how to get an abstract accepted:

  • Ensure that all of your authors agree on your abstract, and be sure that all of the author details match your registration information, including email addresses.

  • Include your team name and score from the unofficial phase in your abstract.

  • Be specific, and include results, even if these are on cross validation of training data.

  • Your title, abstract and author list (collaborators) can be modified in September when you submit the final paper.

  • While your work is bound to change, the quality of your abstract is a good indicator of the final quality of your work. We suggest you spell check, write in full sentences, and be specific about your approaches. Include your method’s cross validated training performance (using the Challenge metrics) and your score provided by the Challenge submission system. If you omit or inflate this latter score, then your abstract will be rejected.

  • Do not be embarrassed by any low scores. We do not expect high scores at this stage. We are focused on the thoughtfulness of the approach and quality of the abstract.

  • If you are unable to receive a score during the unofficial phase, then you can still submit, but the work should be very high quality and you should include the cross validation results of your algorithm on the training set.

  • Stick to the word limit and deadline on the conference website. Don’t wait until the last minute - Include enough time for submission errors, internet outages, etc.

  • Select ‘PhysioNet/CinC Challenge’ as the submission topic so it can be identified easily by the abstract review committee. However, do not include the words ‘PhysioNet’ or ‘PhysioNet/CinC’ or ‘Challenge’ in the title because this creates confusion with the hundreds of other articles and the main descriptor of the Challenge.

You do not have to register for the conference until later in the year, and discounts will be available for four-page Challenge papers, similar to the Young Investigator Award - see the next announcement.

Best,

Gari, Matt, Nadi, and the rest of the PhysioNet team

https://physionetchallenges.org

https://physionet.org/

Please post questions and comments in the forum. However, if your question reveals information about your entry, then please email challenge at physionet.org. We may post parts of our reply publicly if we feel that all Challengers should benefit from it. We will not answer emails about the Challenge to any other address. This email is maintained by a group. Please do not email us individually.

Quick links for this year's Challenge:

- Leaderboard

- Registration form

- Public discussion forum