Now accepting submissions to the PhysioNet Challenge 2023

PhysioNet Challenge

Mar 24, 2023, 4:23:33 PM3/24/23
to physionet-challenges
Dear Challengers,

We are delighted to announce that we are now accepting submissions to the George B. Moody PhysioNet Challenge 2023: Predicting Neurological Recovery from Coma After Cardiac Arrest.

(We apologize for this year’s delay – we are also preparing CinC 2023, which we are hosting on 1-4 October in Atlanta! We have delayed the unofficial phase deadline to 24 April 2023 to accommodate the delay, and we hope to see you this year in Atlanta.)

This year’s Challenge invites teams to use electroencephalogram (EEG) recordings to predict neurological recovery of patients from coma after cardiac arrest. We have shared a large, multi-institutional database, example code and scoring code, and now, submission instructions and a submission form.

We are already planning exciting improvements for the official phase, but the unofficial phase will help us to know what to improve. As always, we strongly encourage you to share your feedback to help us improve the Challenge:
https://groups.google.com/g/physionet-challenges/

For more information and rules, please see the Challenge website and the previous launch announcement. Please note that you must register for this year’s Challenge even if you competed last year and have no team changes. Please also note the deadlines: to be eligible for rankings and prizes, you must submit a working entry before the end of the unofficial phase and an abstract describing preliminary results by the abstract submission deadline. Please see the website for all key dates and deadlines and the launch announcement for other details.

Many thanks again for your continued support of this event, and we hope that you enjoy the 2023 Challenge!

Best,
Matt
(On behalf of the Challenge team.)