Reference pulses?

George Searle

Mar 15, 2024, 12:48:31 PMMar 15
to physionet-challenges
Hi all,
My team and I are wondering about reference pulses. The simulator gives them as an option, however, reference pulses seem to be in every real example of an ECG we can find. Will the test/validation sets be generated with reference pulses (either on the left or the right)?

Kind regards,
George

PhysioNet Challenge

Mar 15, 2024, 12:53:00 PMMar 15
to physionet-challenges
Dear George,

The printouts do not always have the reference pulses, so the synthetic ECG image generation code optionally includes the reference pulses, and, for simplicity, it does not include them by default. There will likely be some images in the validation and test sets with reference pulses and some without them.

In general, you can expect that the coarse and fine grids in the ECG images will follow the same standard, and you can expect a 3 x 4 layout of "short" strips with 1 or more 'long" strips, but the reference pulses and other features may vary from printout to printout.

Best,
Matt
(On behalf of the Challenge team.)

Please post questions and comments in the forum. However, if your question reveals information about your entry, then please email info at physionetchallenge.org. We may post parts of our reply publicly if we feel that all Challengers should benefit from it. We will not answer emails about the Challenge to any other address. This email is maintained by a group. Please do not email us individually.