Code submit

Dien

Aug 29, 2023, 1:57:59 PM8/29/23
to physionet-challenges
Hello,

I have an inquiry regarding the challenge submission process. Upon submitting the GitHub address, I understand that the leaderboard results are uploaded approximately 2 to 3 days later. Is it permissible to make multiple submissions before the leaderboard results are posted?

For instance:

09:00 First submission: Model A code
09:05 Second submission: Model B code
I'm curious if, in this scenario, the organizers would overwrite the Model A code with the Model B code when validating the submissions. Thank you for your assistance.

I would appreciate it if you could guide how to validate. Thank you!

Warm regards,
Dien

PhysioNet Challenge

Aug 29, 2023, 3:17:13 PM8/29/23
to physionet-challenges
Dear Dien,

Yes, this is permitted. If you haven’t seen scores yet on the leaderboard, you can still submit.

But you should be aware of two things:
  1. If you use the same repository for both submissions, there’s a risk that the code will overlap. This is because we pull the repository at the time of processing, not at the time of submission. If they both succeed with identical code, they will be treated as one submission rather than two. To guarantee there is no overlap, you can use one repository per submission.
  2. If multiple entries get submitted from the same team within 24 hours, we deprioritize the later submissions, so they may have to wait one or two days extra. If you spread them out with at least 24 hours between submissions, that should make sure you get feedback the fastest.
Best,
James