Query about Wildcard Entry

Yujia Xu

Jul 11, 2022, 10:21:46 PM7/11/22
to physionet-challenges
Dear Organizer,

Can you please let me know what are the rank requirements of wildcard entries? Do we need to achieve top marks for both murmur and outcome, or just a high mark for murmur is ok?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Yujia Xu

PhysioNet Challenge

Jul 11, 2022, 10:30:36 PM7/11/22
to physionet-challenges
Dear Yujia,

We will award two wildcards for the 2022 Challenge: one for each of the two Challenge tasks of murmur detection and clinical outcome identification. A team does not need to score well in both tasks for a wildcard entry.

For each task, the highest-ranking entry as of 31 July 2022 that belongs to a team without an accepted CinC abstract will be invited to submit an abstract for review. If accepted, these teams will be invited to present posters at CinC 2022 and be eligible for official rankings and prizes as long as they satisfy the other conditions of the Challenge.

Please see these links for more details:
https://physionetchallenges.org/2022/#wild-card
https://physionetchallenges.org/2022/#rules

Believe it or not, the end of the official phase of the 2022 Challenge is only five weeks away. We strongly encourage all teams that are interested in participating in the Challenge to make their first submissions in the next couple of weeks while there is still time to troubleshoot unexpected issues with their entries. We have had many interesting entries so far and look forward to many more in the coming weeks.

Best,
Matt
(On behalf of the Challenge team.)

https://PhysioNetChallenges.org/
https://PhysioNet.org/

Please post questions and comments in the forum. However, if your question reveals information about your entry, then please email info at physionetchallenge.org. We may post parts of our reply publicly if we feel that all Challengers should benefit from it. We will not answer emails about the Challenge to any other address. This email is maintained by a group. Please do not email us individually.

Quick links for this year's Challenge:
- Registration form
- Submission instructions and form
- Public discussion forum