Other implementation languages

Yolanda Larriba

Feb 5, 2024, 8:58:28 AMFeb 5
to physionet-challenges

Dear Challenge team,

Our code, currently being developed in Python, would greatly benefit from calling specific functions implemented in R. According to the instructions provided, we understand this might be feasible upon request. Could you please confirm?

Thanks in advance, Yolanda

PhysioNet Challenge

Feb 5, 2024, 9:02:01 AMFeb 5
to physionet-challenges
Dear Yolanda,

Yes, you can submit an entry with both Python and R and use Python to call R functions. There are various ways to do so, and you may already be using one of them for your own work. The only thing that you need to do for the Challenge is to ensure that your Dockerfile installs both Python and R, and to test that the Docker image works as expected, i.e., your Python code successfully calls your R code, before submitting your entry.

We also able to accept entries in R and other programming languages, but we have focused on the the most commonly requested language. Please contact us if you are interested in another language.

Best,
Matt
(On behalf of the Challenge team.)

Please post questions and comments in the forum. However, if your question reveals information about your entry, then please email info at physionetchallenge.org. We may post parts of our reply publicly if we feel that all Challengers should benefit from it. We will not answer emails about the Challenge to any other address. This email is maintained by a group. Please do not email us individually.