Potential Error in test_model.m

rabie fadil

Mar 25, 2021, 7:22:15 PM3/25/21
to physionet-challenges
Dear organizers,
I hope your day is going well!
I was looking at "test_model.m", and I found in line 74 that num_leads doesn't change, and it is always 12 since all the subjects have 12 lead ECG. The length of ''leads'' will be also 12. Thus the "team_testing_code" inside the if statement will be executed only for model12. Therefore, predictions will be generated by using only this model. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Thank you,
Best,
Rabie

physionet-challenges

Mar 25, 2021, 7:27:04 PM3/25/21
to physionet-challenges
Dear Rabie,

Thanks for your message.

For testing on the test/validation datasets, "test_model.m" first extracts the numbers of leads of the input data and uses the corresponding model for processing.
If you use an input test/validation set which only contains 12-lead ECG recordings, then only the 12-lead model will be used for testing. But if you have a test/validation set which contains reduced lead ECG recordings, the other models (6-lead, 3-lead or 2-lead models) will be used for processing.

For testing your models, you can use our provided script "extract_leads_wfdb.py" on the Challenge repository and produce reduced lead (6-lead, 3-lead or 2-lead) data using the Challenge training datasets.
You can then use the reduced lead datasets to test your models using "test_model.m" which is able to extract the number of leads of your test/validation data and test it using the corresponding models.

For evaluating your submissions, we test your models on 12-lead, 6-lead, 3-lead and 2-lead validation/test datasets. We used the same script (extract_leads_wfdb.py)to produce reduced lead (6-lead, 3-lead or 2-lead) validation/test data from our 12-lead data.

We look forward to receiving your submissions.

Best,

Nadi
(On behalf of the Challenge team)
https://physionetchallenges.github.io/

Please post questions and comments in the forum. However, if your question reveals information about your entry, then please email chal...@physionet.org. We may post parts of our reply publicly if we feel that all Challengers should benefit from it. We will not answer emails about the Challenge to any other address. This email is maintained by a group. Please do not email us individually.

rabie fadil

Mar 25, 2021, 7:46:44 PM3/25/21
to physionet-challenges
Hi Nadi,
Thank you for the clarification. I really appreciate it.
Thank you,
Best,
Rabie

Rabie Fadil