Announcing the PhysioNet/Computing in Cardiology Challenge 2021

PhysioNet Challenge

Dec 24, 2020, 10:03:03 AM12/24/20
to physionet-challenges
Dear Community,

We are delighted to announce the PhysioNet/Computing in Cardiology Challenge 2021:“Will Two Do? Varying Dimensions in Electrocardiography”.

As we announced at CinC 2020 in September, this will be a continuation of last year’s challenge with a few twists. Basically, we are asking if you can write code to classify the same problems (classification of cardiac abnormalities) using fewer leads (2 and 6). Your code should be able to work on 2, 6 or 12 leads, depending on the available data. Demo code in Python and MATLAB is available. The training data is the same as for the 2020 Challenge, and we may add to the training data in 2021. The scoring system will be open in January 2021 - we will announce that as soon as we are back from the holidays!

We strongly encourage teams from the 2020 Challenge to adapt their code, and we also encourage new teams to enter!

See here for more information and rules: https://physionetchallenges.org/2021/.

Please note that you *must* re-register for this Challenge (using the link below) even if you competed last year and have no team changes.

Quick links for this year's Challenge:
- Registration form
- Public discussion forum

More information will be posted in the link above (and eventually mirrored on
https://physionet.org/challenge/2021) as it is available. Please check
the forum for real-time updates. Please also post questions and comments
in the forum. However, if your question reveals information about your entry,
then please email challenge [at] physionet.org. We may post parts of our reply
publicly if we feel that all Challengers should benefit from the information
contained in our responses. We will not answer emails about the Challenge
to any other address.

Many thanks again for your continued support of this event, and we hope that
you enjoy the 2021 Challenge!

-Gari, Matt, Nadi and all the team at PhysioNet