Voting for the PhysioNet Challenges for the NIH/FASEB DataWorks! Challenge

PhysioNet Challenge

Dec 1, 2022, 8:59:47 AM12/1/22
to physionet-challenges
Dear PhysioNet Challenges community,

We are pleased to announce that the PhysioNet Challenges are finalists for the DataWorks! Challenge, which is a competition for biological and biomedical research that showcases data sharing and reuse. The National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology (FASEB), who are jointly organizing this competition, have asked the broader research community to vote for finalists to help determine the awardees. We hope that you will consider voting for the PhysioNet Challenges to help us to continue to run and improve them.

We submitted the PhysioNet Challenges to this competition as a model for data sharing and reuse. The innovative research that our community conducts during the Challenges grows from data, and the high-quality algorithms, presentations, and publications that communicate your research to others demonstrate the value of data. In short, the PhysioNet Challenges community's contributions to the Challenges extol the value of data sharing and reuse, and we are honored that many of you participate in the Challenges year after year as part of your research programs, training missions, and careers. We rely on grants, donations (and hopefully now prize money) to keep the Challenges going. Please support us in supporting you!

The PhysioNet Challenges are one of 20 finalists that advanced from an initial round of 587 participants. If you would like to vote for the PhysioNet Challenges to help us be one of the final awardees, then please search and vote for "PhysioNet Challenges" (see below), which is one of the 20 entries (in random order) on the following page:
https://www.herox.com/dataworks

The voting deadline is 21 December 2022 at 11:59pm EST. Anyone from any country can vote. We’re looking forward to announcing next year’s Challenge shortly afterwards.

Best,
Gari Clifford and Matthew Reyna
(On behalf of the Challenge team)

physionet-challenges-voting-screenshot.png