Resuscitation Chain

MarcG97

Mar 20, 2023, 11:56:14 AM3/20/23
to physionet-challenges
Is there maybe more data on the resuscitation chain?
For example for OHCS=True the times between emergency call and the appearance of first responders. Or if layman resuscitation has been carried out.
And can you tell me how ROSC time is measured?
Is it the time between for example an emergency call that indicates cardiac arrest and
ROSC measured by a paramedic or is it a time from diagnosis of cardiac arrest by a paramedic after arrival on site until ROSC measured by a paramedic? Or even different?

With kind regards
Marc

PhysioNet Challenge

Mar 20, 2023, 11:59:34 AM3/20/23
to physionet-challenges
Dear Marc,

Unfortunately, we do not have more information on resuscitation chain. The data are from several institutions, and practices and data collection procedures vary.

The time to return of spontaneous circulation (ROSC) is an estimate by the medical team caring for the patient of how long the patient was without circulating blood. This estimate is based on what the team hears from paramedics, bystanders, family, etc., but we do not have more information beyond this estimate.

Best,
Matt
(On behalf of the Challenge team.)

Please post questions and comments in the forum. However, if your question reveals information about your entry, then please email info at physionetchallenge.org. We may post parts of our reply publicly if we feel that all Challengers should benefit from it. We will not answer emails about the Challenge to any other address. This email is maintained by a group. Please do not email us individually.