Re: Follow-up question about disallowing submission of challenge data to other conferences/journals

PhysioNet Challenge

Apr 15, 2021, 2:51:50 PM4/15/21
to Max Xu, physionet-challenges
Dear Max,

To be clear, we are /not/ asking people refrain from submitting analyses on the PTB-XL (or any other public data) for publication until the end of the Challenge, but rather the work that they have performed in the Challenge on the novel (and hidden data) posted specifically for that. We often mix public and private/novel data, and of course would never restrict the use of any public data.
We ask you not to submit work on the Challenge data / Challenge topic to a journal until after the end of the Challenge, (and to submit only to CinC first) so you are able to fairly compare your technique with others in the Challenge, and to generate a central forum for discussion of the pros and cons of the challenge.

Hope this clarifies things for you Max. I've cc'd the Google group so anyone else participating in the Challenge  is unclear on this.

All the best

Gari

(On behalf of the Challenge team)

https://physionetchallenges.github.io/

Please post questions and comments in the forum. However, if your question reveals information about your entry, then please email chal...@physionet.org. We may post parts of our reply publicly if we feel that all Challengers should benefit from it. We will not answer emails about the Challenge to any other address. This email is maintained by a group. Please do not email us individually.

---

On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 1:48 PM Max Xu <max...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I posted a question on the forum, but I wanted to send this email to more specifically ask about the implications of this rule: "You must not submit analysis of this year’s Challenge data to other conferences or journals". Please respond as quickly possible as the answer to my question will determine whether I submit an abstract today or not.

Thank you,
Max