Scores on the unofficial phase

Guilherme Santos

Apr 17, 2023, 9:29:33 PM4/17/23
to physionet-challenges
Hello,

Please, let me know if in the unofficial phase, the only requirement is run the code successfully or do we need to reach some minimum score? I didn`t saw  this information on FAQ. Another thing I wanna ask you is if for this unofficial phase we need use the same model that we will use on official phase. I ask this because for now, the most I can submit at this time is a model that serves as a baseline, but that will not necessarily be the same model that I will use in the next phase.

Thank you very much again.

PhysioNet Challenge

Apr 17, 2023, 9:33:32 PM4/17/23
to physionet-challenges
Dear Guilherme,

We require teams to implement and submit a working entry, i.e., an entry that we can run and score, during the unofficial phase of the Challenge for ranking and prize eligibility. (You can use the example code as a template for your working entry, and you can submit an entry that reuses parts of the example code, such as the file I/O code, but you cannot submit the example code as your working entry.) We do not require teams to have a high score during the unofficial phase.

To be clear, your initial approach does not need to be the same as your final approach. We expect the entries to evolve over course of the Challenge, so your final approach can be very different from your initial approach. However, we hope that you will use the unofficial phase to try out ideas that will help you during the official phase (and help us improve the Challenge).

We also require teams to submit a CinC abstract, and for the abstract to be accepted, for ranking and prize eligibility. The abstract should describe your current and planned approaches (if they are different). Again, we do not expect high scores in your abstract, and we expect you to eventually update your abstract to reflect the changes to your approach over the next few months, but a well written abstract with promising (if preliminary) ideas and preliminary (but not necessary high) scores is very helpful with the reviewers. Please see this part of the Challenge website for more advice:
https://physionetchallenges.org/2023/#abstracts

Best,
Matt
(On behalf of the Challenge team.)

Please post questions and comments in the forum. However, if your question reveals information about your entry, then please email info at physionetchallenge.org. We may post parts of our reply publicly if we feel that all Challengers should benefit from it. We will not answer emails about the Challenge to any other address. This email is maintained by a group. Please do not email us individually.